Dec 27, 2008

Play-off Sunday

Dec. 28th - UPDATE -

Last I heard I'm up by 15 - My Philly Defense is going wild - 3 touch downs!!! Woo hoo and I still have a wide receiver to play tonight....Here we come 1st place!!!




Today's the big day -


Me vs. Fish - playing for 1st & 2nd
Anthony vs. Mrs. Fish playing for 2nd or 3rd...





My team looks pretty good, everyone has something to play for. Hopeing to be the 1st with a 2nd 1st place trophy!





That's about all we're doing today. Watching football & I have some sewing to do. Sold a tinkerbell Capri Set that I need to get ready to ship tomorrow...
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19026039










Cookie of the Day

Chocolate Caramel Delight Cookies
http://secretmomthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/12/bestest-cookies-everah.html

Daily Warm-Ups
Poetry

I need to get writing again so I'm going to try to keep up with daily exercises starting with this Poetry guide I have from J. Weston Walsh

#1
Read the first stanza of "Spring" by Gerard Manley (longing for)

Nothing is so beautiful as Spring
When weeds in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush;
Thrush's eggs look little low heavens, and thrush
The ear, it strikes like lightening to hear him sing
The glassy peartree leaves and blooms, they brush
The descending blue; that blue is all in a rush
With Richness; the racing lambs too have fair their fling

My attempt...
I long for the warmth and glow of Spring
Running my fingers through soft sifted dirt.
Trimming dew dripping stems
Seadlings clinging to pant cuffs and socks
My Robin, perched, the Sparows chattering like children at play
Waiting for each bloom, relishing their pilgrimage
Green petals, Green leaves, Green blades of grass;
That which the new winter keeps hidden far below.

No comments:

Shop with Amievoltaire

My Blog List

ShareThis

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed