My Etsyfriends Team has compiled a list of advertising tips you may be interested in. You can thank them by searching etsyfriends team and previewing some of their fabulous items. An update of this information can be viewed at http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6180028
1. Add your card or flyer at grocery stores, and your public library. Most places have a bulletin where you can add stuff to it.
2. Put your card in with your bills when you pay them and mail them out.
3. Restraunts will have a fish bowl or bowl for a monthly drawing add your cards to that as well.
4. Add your store site to every email personal and business as well at the end.
5. If you go to home shows or things like that they will have drawings take cards and put them in.
6. Check with your local paper, sometimes they will do an article about new business in the paper for FREE.
7. Craigslist - A great way to show your local community what you have to offer. Just make sure if you link to anything that the link is not clickable!
8. Join social networks so you can interact with other crafters/hobbyist/small business owners.
9. Wear what you make! Be your own billboard =)
10. Have a friend host a party for you. Similar to the traditional work at home opportunities like Avon and Tupperware... Have a friend host a party inviting all her friends. Showcase your products, offer sale or incentives.... and most importantly don't forget the host!!
11. Include Samples in the Little Black Box, Spotted Box, or other reputable sampler programs.
12. Join your local chamber, some places do a monthly promoting at a business, a marketing breakfast, card swaping, and promoting eachother. Great way to get out in the community.
13. Card swap with other Etsy members of people from your own team. Everymonth swap cards with members, add them in your packages that you mail out. Or I also add cards that I get that I already have and that I swap with at our local market as well.
14. Send out a monthly email to your customers, with coupons an incentive to get them to come back to your website.
15. Every month you can send out a X amount of flyers with a coupon to people in the phone book. Or get ahold of a copy shop place like Kinkos or something like that and ask about thier mailer. They can do a target section for you and narrow it down to possible shoppers that is a market for your product.
16. Check out donating products to charities and conferences. I donated my dog treats to our local animal shelter for their yearly charity BBQ they hold. I have also donated a jewelry set to my kids local school for a silent acution as well as a few others that I have done in the past.
Have a great week